top of page

You are what you EAT

Updated: Jul 14, 2019

What you eat directly affects the structure and function of your brain and your mood. Diets high in refined sugar are harmful to your brain because serotonin which helps regulate sleep, appetite, mood and pain is produced in your digestive system. Cereal is my guilty pleasure but I only eat frosted flakes once every couple months because of how it makes my body feel. This isn’t one of those fake healthy blogs. I’m a chef I love food more than people this is just to help you think MODERATION!


-Two billion people worldwide are overweight or obese

-30% of people in the world

-Eating healthy can reduce the risk of the three leading causes of death which are heart disease, cancer and stroke

-Americans spend more money on dieting, diet products and weight loss surgery

-We choose those options versus healthy lifestyles because it’s a “quick fix”

Tips to help aid in a healthy lifestyles:

-Meal prepping to keep you on track, save money, help with portion control, time management and help you be mentally prepared.

-Become a flexitarian, 80% of the time I’m a vegetarian the other 20% of the time I eat meat in moderation.

-Counting macros so you know exactly how many calories you’re eating daily as well as fat, carbs and protein.

The ultimate goal is to pay attention to how different foods make you feel, not just while eating it, but the next day. Always remember to rest well, implement a self-care regimen and exercise!

1 Comment

Kezia Lo
Kezia Lo
Mar 06, 2023

Hi and ty for your blog. Can you offer us an easy way of understanding how to count acros?

bottom of page